Saturday, October 9, 2010

Found...





























The House from Rigoletto


I was just minutes ago out in the garage. I found what made me want me to sing when I was a little girl, the soundtrack to the 1993 film Rigoletto. I am listening to it right now for the first time in years.

My grandma was a saint, she was constantly ordering these movies from this company Feature Films for Families to give us something “wholesome to watch”. I think I heard here say,

“What goes in comes out.” So this was her way of remedying us of all the junk we watched on cable television. Some of the films were cheesy, some overly dramatic, but this one was my favorite.

“Rigoletto” seems to be a somewhat”Beauty and the Beast”-type story line. The music even at times sounds like the score from that classic Disney film. Plus Beauty and the Beast just happens to be my favorite. The tag line is…

“A musical fantasy ringing with truth and filled with mystery and love.”

You must watch it because I am not telling you anything else than what I have already told you.

This movie reminds me of how God usually finds us… broken, incomplete, unhappy, unloved, but He tends not to care. Where ever we are he does not care He just love us. This still amazes me.

And, it reminds me of my grandma. Our times spent together were precious. She loved this movie, saw that I loved this movie and gave me the soundtrack and encouraged me to sing no matter what.
She encouraged me in everything.

Oh my. Well, I have many things to do. This music just snuck it's way back into my life and I must say, I like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment