Sunday, June 20, 2010

Writing love songs... not enough.

I am writing a love song.
A love song for Jesus.
My heart is breaking because I do not know if I can do it.
I am incapable of loving Him enough.
Truly, truly I will rejoice.
I will hope.
I will pray.
I will love others.
I will walk in truth.
I do not want the norm. I do not want to fall into life “as it is”.
As it is is not enough.
Radical. That is my Jesus.
Radical he loved, radical he prayed, radical he lived, radical he died.
Radical he lived.
Radical he lived.
He approached the leprous, the lame, the hurting, the broken, the rich, the poor, the deceived, the honored, the respected, the rejects, the women, the children.
As it is is not enough, at least not for me.





{picture: kenyan sunrise - props to Q}


No comments:

Post a Comment